Photographer Sandro Miller Recreates Famous Portraits With John Malkovich As His Model
Renowned photographer Sandro Miller has worked together with legendary Hollywood A-Lister John Malkovich many times, but when Miller wanted to celebrate the photography greats that had inspired and guided him, he had to do something special. So he, with Malkovich as his dashing unisex model, recreated some of those influential photographers’ most important portraits in a photo series called “Malkovich, Malkovich, Malkovich: Homage to photographic masters.”
The series puts both Miller’s exceptional photography and Malkovich’s masterful acting talents front and center. Miller gets each amazing portrait’s lighting, mood and composition down perfectly, while Malkovich replicates the subject’s emotions and expressions so perfectly that the photos become nearly indistinguishable, regardless of the age or gender of the original subject. And it was all done without Photoshop!
- Andy Warhol / Self Portrait (Fright Wig) (1986), 2014
- Philippe Halsman / Salvador Dalí (1954), 2014
- Herb Ritts / Jack Nicholson, London (1988) (A), 2014
- Bert Stern / Marilyn in Pink Roses (from The Last Session,1962),2014
- Irving Penn / Pablo Picasso, Cannes, France (1957), 2014
- Yousuf Karsh / Ernest Hemingway (1957), 2014
- Albert Watson / Alfred Hitchcock with Goose (1973), 2014
- Arthur Sasse / Albert Einstein Sticking Out His Tongue (1951), 214
- Victor Skrebneski / Bette Davis (1971), Los Angeles Studio, 2014
- Edward Sheriff Curtis / Three Horses (1905), 2014
One of the few auto re-blogs
I THOUGHT THIS WAS KIDDING SOGMLASG
((Fuck, I’m on mobile))
If you your on mobile you can just hold the reblog button down
Yo i’d like to know what he did to deserve this
"Fuck this one person in particular" - God
That’s gotta sting…
I don’t know if this has been done yet, but I felt like doing it.
In case you need a ride somewhere.
First Inflatable animal descent of the seven teacups